Invisalign Treatment for Teens
With school, sports, and hanging out with friends, getting braces may not be at the top of your list of favorite things to do. Guess what? With Invisalign Teen®, you can straighten your teeth without metal wires and brackets getting in the way. You’re free to enjoy the things that make these the best times of your life without having to worry about the appearance of regular braces.
Top Reasons Why Teens Choose Invisalign
- CLEAR - Invisalign Teen aligners are made of a smooth, clear plastic that is virtually invisible! Your friends probably won’t even know you’re wearing them. Instead of hiding behind a mouth of metal, you’ll enjoy the confidence of showing that smile every day. And that can make for a better social life overall.
- EAT WITH FREEDOM - You probably have friends with braces who aren’t allowed to eat certain foods like popcorn and whole apples. With Invisalign Teen, the aligners are completely removable, allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods whenever you want. This also means you can easily keep brushing and flossing as you normally would for proper oral hygiene.
- KEEP DOING WHAT YOU LOVE - Whether you play sports or a musical instrument, a mouth full of metal can hold you back from enjoying the things you want to do. It’s hard to perform at your best knowing you could get hit in the mouth with a ball, or cut your lip trying to hit that note on the trumpet. Invisalign Teen helps you focus on doing what you do best—being a teen.
Top Reasons Parents Love Invisalign
- Less noticeable - Rather than wires and brackets, Invisalign uses a series of plastic aligners that have been custom-made for your teen’s teeth. Your teen simply wears them 22 hours a day and changes them out for a new set of aligners every two weeks. Little by little, your teen’s teeth gradually shift into place, achieving that confident smile.
- More convenient - We know that you have a lot on your mind. Between school, sports, drama, band, and every extracurricular activity, kids and parents are busier than ever. Invisalign appointments are quicker and can be scheduled in longer intervals. And with no brackets to worry about breaking or wires poking, there are minimal disruptions to your day.
- no diet restrictions - Carrots, whole apples, popcorn… no problem! Since Invisalign Teen aligners are removable, your teen can go ahead and eat all the things he loves without worrying about breaking a bracket!
- better oral hygiene - Flossing and brushing can continue as normal since the aligners are removable.
- Invisalign guarantee - Worried about your teen not wearing his aligner or losing it? Studies show that teens are more reliable than adults at wearing their aligners. And just to ensure Mom & Dad that your teen is wearing the aligners at least 22 hours a day, each aligner has a small, inconspicuous blue indicator dot. This indicator lets us, parents, and the teen know if the aligners are being worn as prescribed. And if an aligner is lost, Invisalign Teen offers six replacement aligners for free. However, often times the teen can move into the next set of aligners without jeopardizing treatment; just call the office first to let Dr. Duffy make that decision.